Volunteer opportunities abound for people who have time and talent to contribute. There are two avenues to consider:
» Volunteering with Friends of Hospice – Friends of Hospice members who want to build a solid organization that adds value to the mission of Partners In Care may volunteer in a number of ways. This is a non-clinical volunteer role that will not involve patient contact.
Volunteers are needed to help Friends of Hospice in these ways…
- Serve on the board of directors
- Organize educational programs or social gatherings
- Write and edit for the website, Facebook pages, newsletters or press releases
- Serve on a special events committee
- Host gatherings in your home or place of business
- Secure business discounts and special offers as Membership Benefits
- Assist in developing an Arts In Care consignment gallery
- Set up an online auction site for Friends of Hospice
- Promote membership in Friends of Hospice; assist with mailings
- Participate in a speaker’s bureau
- Help maintain the Pet Park and gardens at Hospice House
» Hospice Volunteers for Partners In Care. Volunteering for Partners In Care includes specialized training in patient care within the services of Partners In Care. Volunteer training is provided three times a year and individualized as needed. Volunteers are considered to be a vital part of the clinical team which also includes a registered nurse, social worker, chaplain, and certified nursing assistant or aide. Contact Jason Medina, Volunteer Coordinator at Partners In Care to get started with this process.
Thinking and talking about dying can help you live well and to make the most of life until the very end.