InfoChat is a phone-in service offered to Friends of Hospice members as a benefit of your membership. It is a great way to share what is on your mind and access a wide variety of services. The caller is helped by Partners In Care staff or volunteers who will answer questions and provide non-medical assistance.
The line is answered Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can also leave a message and have your call returned during this time period, or email us here to request a special session by phone or in person.
The InfoChat number is (541) 771-0466.
Here are some of the more common concerns and questions people call in about:
- I’m responsible for the decisions and care of a family member and am feeling a lot of stress. Can you help me sort everything out?
- What is the difference between hospice, home health, and home care services?
- What are the eligibility requirements for hospice care?
- What is a palliative care consultation and how can I get one?
- What is a Transitions service and will it meet my needs?
- How do I obtain an Advance Directive form or get help completing one?
- I am struggling with grief and need to talk to someone. Can you steer me to a good resource that doesn’t cost anything?
- How do I access VA benefits?
- We need transportation services, meal delivery, and someone to install grab bars and wheelchair ramps. How can I get this assistance?
- How do you get onto Medicaid?
- I don’t have a physician. Can I self-refer to hospice?
- Where can I get a good used wheelchair, adjustable bed, or other equipment and devices?
- I need help writing and editing an obituary or eulogy.
- I’d like to talk to someone about cremation versus traditional burial.
- How do I find out about Aid in Dying or VSED (Voluntary Stopping of Eating & Drinking)?
What InfoChat is not:
- It is not a crisis hotline. Not for emergencies.
- It is not a substitute for a doctor or other medical professional.
- It cannot be used to inquire about a patient, or to reach a Partners In Care employee.
- We cannot transfer calls from the InfoChat phone line, but may give you a number to call for further help or conversation.